There is something satisfying about setting a completed painting to dry. It’s the culmination of a vision, a job well done, a feeling of accomplishment.
Thus it’s with joy that I sign my name to these three commissioned paintings: Red Wind, Yellow Wind and Blue Wind.
They will dry for one month before a coat of retouch varnish is applied, then I will ship them to the customer.
Finishing this commission gives me a chance to reflect on all the things I am grateful for;
- for my father for encouraging me to explore art
- for my husband for supporting my quest to become an artist
- for my children for understanding and accepting me as an artist
- for my customers for seeing value in the work I do
- but most of all for the grace and dignity of having reached a time in my life when I can say I am proud of who and what I am!
Thus, I share with you part 3 of this commission, the drying of the paintings. May gentle winds dry these paints applied with love and care, so that they will remain beautiful for years to come!